Mediterranean Snacks - HummuZ Crispz

A few months ago, I reviewed some gluten-free snacks from Mediterranean Snacks. Well, the company's PR folks saw the review and contacted me about trying and reviewing some of Mediterranean Snacks' newest products. Of course! So they sent me a bag of HummuZ Crispz. These all-natural, gluten-free snacks are baked with real garbanzo beans (chickpeas). One serving of 14 Crispz contains 120 calories. And, according to the company, they are a good source of protein.

The flavor they sent me, Olive Tapenade, is a new one, and while it wasn't my favorite flavor, I did enjoy the HummuZ Crispz lightness and crunch. They crunch like a chip, but have a thicker texture like a cracker. There are two other flavors to choose from: Roasted Red Pepper and Roasted Garlic. I had mine for lunch instead of chips, but HummuZ Crispz would also be good with hummus (obviously) or salsa.

I'm always appreciative of companies making gluten-free foods and giving people who are on gluten-free diets different culinary options.

HummuZ Crispz are available nationwide and in Canada in more than 7,500 outlets including King's, Whole Foods, D'Agostino's, ShopRite, Publix, Wegman's, and more. You can also purchase them online at mediterraneansnackfoods.com, amazon.com, and alice.com. For the full list of grocers and retail outlets, visit the Mediterranean Snacks website and check out all the other gluten-free snack foods this company makes as well as recipes.

Thanks to Mediterranean Snacks and The S3 Agency for sending me the HummuZ Crispz!

Comments