tsp spices

You know how you purchase spices, and then they sit in your pantry for months because you've only used, like, one teaspoon of the spice in one recipe and now the spice is losing its freshness? Yeah, that's me. Do I still use all the probably unfresh spices? Oh yeah. Because I spent money on them!! I want to get my money's worth.


Well, there is something new in the market to solve this problem. I attended a holiday gift guide media event last month and discovered a company called tsp spices. It sells spices in one-teaspoon servings. Say you need one teaspoon of cumin. Just pull out a one-teaspoon packet, open it, and pour the cumin into your recipe. No more using measuring spoons. It's all pre-measured, which saves you time as you cook. The unused cumin stays fresh in sealed packets until you are ready to use it. The different spices are sold in containers of 12 one-teaspoon packets. Each retails for $7.99.


There's allspice, ground ancho chile, anise seed, ground chili pepper, cloves, ginger, cumin, coriander, and so many more spices! I got to use the ground chili pepper. It was so easy to add it to my recipe, and I don't have to worry about the rest of the spice going bad. Plus, tsp spices are organic, pure, non-irradiated and free from fillers or additives. 


tsp spices are only available right now in stores in New York, the District of Columbia, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, and Virginia. But you can order your favorite spices online at the tsp spices website. What's also cool about the website is the recipes section. So you can order your spices and then figure out new ways to cook with them!


What do you guys think? Would you be interested in using this new method of buying your spices?

Comments