Real Simple Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

We don't normally eat much pork at our house, but when pork sirloin chops go on sale for 50% off, well, you buy them, and then you eat pork. I was looking for some good pork recipes that I could use the sirloin chops with, and then in my inbox one day I got an email from Real Simple boasting a super pork recipe. So I checked it out. Even though the recipe for Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Lemony Asparagus calls for you to use pork tenderloin, we made do just fine with the pork sirloin chops.

Here's how I adapted it. Instead of rubbing the pork with thyme (which I bought fresh, and let me tell you, those little thyme leaves don't come off as easy as they show in the cooking shows), parsley (not fresh b/c I couldn't find it), salt, and pepper, I just put two pork sirloin chops into the skillet and sprinkled the ingredients on top. We browned the pork sirloin chops for eight to 10 minutes in the skillet, per the directions. And then we put them in the oven to cook for another 12 minutes. And since the pork was already sliced, we didn't have to wait five minutes to dig in!

Also, my stainless steel Calphalon skillet (thanks Mom and Dad) is oven friendly. Wahoo! You'll need an ovenproof skillet for this recipe.

Instead of new potatoes, I used red potatoes because the five pound bag was on sale, and I can use the leftover potatoes for something else.

I think this recipe was a success. It didn't take me as long as I thought to make it, and aside from cutting up the asparagus, potatoes, and lemon, there really wasn't that much to do. Everything had a good flavor, too. I didn't eat the lemon slices, but my husband did. I don't know. I like the lemon flavor, but eating an actual lemon? Eh.

Comments