Porkie Packs

We tried a new recipe from our Recipes for Gluten-Free Kids cookbook. This is called Porkie Packs. It's pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, brown rice, zucchini, and barbecue sauce. Now, I had a picture of this food item, but it didn't turn out well. In fact, it made the Porkie Pack look disgusting. So I didn't want to turn you off with that picture because this isn't a disgusting meal.

We used pork sirloin chops because they were half off at the grocery store. Because of this, the chops were bigger than what the recipe called for and our cooking time was twice as long. We also didn't use brown rice. Someone (not me) in my family doesn't like brown rice, so we used white rice.

Also, the only gluten-free barbecue sauce I could find at the grocery store was Naturally Delicious Original Barbecue Sauce. It contains no high-fructose corn syrup and says "gluten free" right on the back. All the other barbecue sauces contained modified food starch, which I've been told is NOT safe. Nobody really knows what's in modified food starch. Of course, there are food products with modified food starch that are labeled gluten-free, so I assume those food companies know what's in their food starch. 


I still have some pork sirloin chops in the freezer. I'm looking for any other new recipes that we can make with them, so please leave some ideas! I don't want to have to resort to Paula Deen's artery clogging fried pork chops, y'all!

Comments