Summer Clothes

I have a lot of clothing inspiration in my lookbook, and it's been awhile since I purchased any new clothing based on what I've got in the lookbook. The other day I had some extra time on my hands, so I went into Kmart because I had cut out from a magazine a whole outfit centered on a pair of Route 66 orange chinos.

I wanted to see if I had missed my chance at purchasing the pants, and the other clothing items to go with it. Lo and behold, there were the pants! AND they were on clearance for $8.99. Well, of course, I knew it was meant to be. So I purchased the pants and then went to H&M to see if I could find a lacy cream-colored top like the one from the magazine. And I did! For only $24.95. The pants are a little too long on me (unless I have a tailor bring up the hemline) so I can't wear flats. But I do already own some cute Merona nude heels that I purchased from Target YEARS ago. So I think it worked out alright.

While I was at Kmart, I spotted this cute button-down shirt dress with belt. (I liked it best in the wild aster color.) I didn't feel like paying $25 for it, so I put it back on the rack. But apparently, it's 30% off online now until June 9 - that's today! I think $17.49 is a good deal for a Kmart dress. I saw a similar Old Navy dress, minus the belt, in a magazine, but I have yet to see the dress in an Old Navy store. Plus, that dress was $30. So the Kmart dress appears to be a much better deal! And it would look pretty cute with these Mossimo gladiator sandals at Target. Just saying.

I didn't look for these shoes when I was at Kmart, but I saw them in a magazine and liked them enough to put them in my lookbook. I just like the multi-color look to the shoes. I need more color in my shoes! I don't know how stable/comfortable these shoes are, but for $16.99 (which is apparently a sale price through today), you can't go wrong.

What are you guys wearing this summer?

Comments