Post-It Labels

A few weeks ago I received a sample of Post-It Label Pads. They have the stickiness of Post-Its, but it's all over the back of the label and it can also be removed. The labels are designed for use on notebooks, lockers, school supplies, food containers, bins, storage boxes, files, folders, binders, and storage boxes. I decided to try them out on food containers. What I had been doing was writing what was in the container on a piece of regular paper, then taping the piece of paper to the food container. Well, this is what kept happening after several weeks:



It's kind of hard to tell what's in the container if the label keeps peeling off. So I stuck one of the Post-It Labels on the container and here's what happened:


It stayed on ... at least for a few days. I just opened up my pantry looking for the vinegar (using it to hopefully fix a slow-moving bathtub drain) and this label was peeling up!! Is there something wrong in my pantry that is causing sticky things to lose their stick? Anyone else have this problem?

Regardless, these labels are cute. 3M makes the labels in different styles, depending on how you want to use them. Some are more professional-looking so you can use them on file folders or other school/business items. (I have a feeling these would stick better than ones in my pantry.) They also have ones with lines on them so you can write in a straight line, I guess. The ones they sent me are colored and have a pretty background design. 

Have you guys seen these yet in stores? I know they are at Staples. What do you use to label your food containers?

Comments

  1. Dry erase marker. Or, more commonly, nothing and then toss it 3 weeks later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment