Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine

Shampoo isn't like a prescription medication. It doesn't take several days for you to start seeing results. (At least I don't think it does!) So I was a little disappointed that the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner I received for free from BzzAgent didn't give me noticeable results, especially after I had been using it for two weeks.

Now, I have thick hair and it never does what I want it to do. The only time it ever looks sleek and shiny is after I get it done at the salon. I've tried many products that claim to smooth hair and repel humidity, but they only make my hair feel smooth, not look smooth. And they certainly don't protect my hair from humidity!
hair using regular shampoo

I had high hopes for the Sleek & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. It's designed for dry, frizzy, and unmanageable hair. It's also designed to keep hair looking sleek for three days straight even in 97 percent humidity. After I washed my hair and styled it in my normal way (blow dry, straightener - yes, I still needed to use a straightener), my hair looked slightly better than normal (I guess) and it did FEEL softer. But after waiting for the bus and walking to work in 70-80 percent humidity and rain, by the time I got to work my hair was frizzed and funky.

hair using Sleek & Shine -
looks pretty much the same 
I do like the smell of the shampoo and conditioner. Each is made with Argan oil from Morocco and apricot. Yum! And if you're into eco-friendly products, the Sleek & Shine bottles contain PET and 30-percent recycled plastic. They're also 10-percent lighter, which saves more than 125 tons of plastic annually, according to Garnier.

The price isn't bad either. A 13-ounce bottle is $3.99 and a 25.4-ounce bottle is $6.99. The shampoo and conditioner are sold separately. There are other products in the line, including Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream, an Anti-Frizz serum (which I think I tried several years ago before they redid the formula and it only made my hair oily), and Frizz Defeat Deep Conditioning Treatment. Maybe if I used those in conjunction with the shampoo and conditioner, I would have better results.

Or maybe I just have hair that no product can tame.

Or maybe I just need a professional live-in hairstylist. Seriously, how do they do it?

Comments