No Silence!

"No Silence!" was the title of my Bible devotion for April 3. To honor that, I'm posting a religious-themed layout I completed recently. I've decided that this year I'm going to scrap/journal about the devotions in my devotions book, One-Minute Devotions for Women. Each devotion starts with a Bible verse, and if I like the verse or have an opinion on it, then I will scrap about it for my Book of Me. I'm also looking up the verses in my regular Bible so that I can get a little more insight into the passages.

So anyway, here is the Bible verse I scrapped:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven." - Matthew 6:19-20

The journaling on the front of this layout is taken from my Living Water New Testament Bible. What I like about that Bible is that it chooses certain passages and does more in-depth sidebars on them. I basically just journaled what the sidebar said. Here it is so you can read it:

1. We must watch how and what we store. The idea is not simply saving, but stockpiling. Jesus is not condemning saving your resources or providing for your family. He is condemning the accumulation of possessions to flaunt or to impress others. We need to be able to enjoy what God has given us without making those possessions our primary ambition.

2. We must keep our vision clear. While we can enjoy what God gives us, we need to understand that the material things of this world are only temporary.

3. We should not worry about material things. You can only worry about your future, your job, your health, or even about what others think about you. But Jesus tells you to stop worrying because God will always meet your needs. Worry is a waste of your valuable time as His servant on earth.

4. We must put God first in our lives. Our primary pursuit should be seeking the reign of Jesus Christ in our lives above all else. It makes a lot of sense to place your temporary needs and worries in the hands of an eternal God.
If you lift the flap on that journaling spot, I did personal journaling underneath. I don't normally type my journaling, but I did on this one because I knew I had a lot to get down! I just measured the size of the text box that would fit within the 6x6 patterned paper square on the layout and altered the margins in Microsoft Word so that I could make sure my text fit within my measurements.

This was actually based on a Studio Calico sketch, but I didn't submit it for the challenge because I got lazy. :) Oh well.

The picture that I used was one I took on my iPod Touch when I was at a train station a few weeks ago. The light was coming through the glass ceiling and it looked really cool, so I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. I knew it would come in handy for something.

Comments