Cheesy Baked Gluten-Free Ravioli

before baking
I saw a recipe branded "rush-hour ravioli" in Redbook and it looked really good. But finding gluten-free ravioli can be difficult. The brand I used was Conte's. I had purchased it at a local farmer's market that caters to the gluten-free community but it is the off-season for the farm, so I wasn't able to purchase it there. Instead, I found it at Whole Foods where it cost $8.99 for a 12-ounce bag. It's a bit steep (and I think the farmer's market sold it for less than that) so this is not something I would recommend purchasing on a regular basis. However, every once in awhile is okay, especially when I saved so much money at the grocery store this past week!

You can find the original recipe here, but I really detoured from that one to adapt it for our needs. So here's what I came up with:

and baked!
Ingredients:
12-ounce bag of frozen gluten-free ravioli
2 cups of baby spinach
1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
8 ounce block of mozzarella, cut into slices (I used Sorrento.)

Directions:
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put the spinach in a colander in the sink.
3. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. When done, drain the ravioli over the spinach to wilt.
4. Put the marinara sauce into a large bowl. Add the ravioli and spinach to the marinara.
5. Lay down enough ravioli, spinach, and sauce to cover the bottom of a 9x1.5-inch baking dish. Lay down half of the mozzarella slices. Put another layer of ravioli, spinach, and sauce on top, and then layer with the remaining mozzarella slices.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes.


Comments