Please, sir. Can I have some more?

You know a meal is good when your husband turns to you and says, "Is there any more?" (And no. There wasn't. We ate it all!)

The meal I'm referring to is a little something called Hamburger Stroganoff. It's in the cookbook Faster! I'm Starving! We received this cookbook in 2009, which was right before my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease. The one thing I was able to make from the cookbook (Tortellini with Spinach and Goat Cheese) before his diagnosis we were no longer able to make. So I sort of put the cookbook away and let it gather dust. But the other week I was telling someone about the tortellini recipe, and I took the cookbook down from the top of the fridge. I flipped through the pages looking at the recipes I had earmarked long ago, recipes that we thought sounded good and wanted to make. And I thought, "Some of these are naturally gluten-free and others we can make gluten-free." Thus, Hamburger Stroganoff was made in our kitchen last night.

Now, from the picture, it doesn't look like much. But it was good. I think next time, I will serve it over a bed of white rice. (I tried to get my husband to do the brown rice thing, but he wasn't having it.)

Because of copyright issues, I don't think I can print the recipe here on this blog. I didn't have to adapt it at all to make it gluten-free, so I can't share an adapted version with you. But I will tell you what the ingredients are so you can get a idea of what this might taste like:

ground beef
onion
olive oil
mushrooms
garlic powder
salt
black pepper
sour cream
ketchup
Dijon mustard
Worcestershire sauce

And best of all, it took us about 30 minutes to put together. A perfect weeknight meal!

Comments