I Think It's Finished


Do you ever start a layout and get it pretty much done, but then you stop and look at it and think, "It needs something." That's what happened with this layout. While I was glad to combine a variety of different papers and embellishments from my stash, once I was "done" I didn't feel like it was done. But I couldn't figure out how to make the layout feel more complete. Well, I let it sit for weeks and weeks, and then the other night I took another look at it. I added the scalloped red border that had been in my Christmas scrap stash underneath the shiny white square (which is actually a calendar tag but you can't tell because of the lighting in the picture - sorry) and called it a day. For some reason, just that one little thing made it seem more complete to me.

These pictures were from a train/flower show at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens, hence the title and use of trains on this layout. My husband, my mom, and I went there over the Christmas holiday.

The trains are actually die-cuts that my mom gave me. I have some extras and I already know how I'm going to use them. This summer, my husband and I are taking a cross-country train trip (Thank you, tax refund!) that, judging by our experiences booking the trip with Amtrak, will either be the most awesome trip ever or the most awful. HA! Either way it's going to be an adventure and something we can tell our future kids child goldfish about some day so we sound cool and worldly. Which we totally are!

Comments

  1. I really love that page! The little die cut trains are just perfect. Wonderful color choices!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment