Silly Storage

Here's another not-so-new idea. Am I the only one who saves the sour cream or cream cheese or butter containers? My husband looks at me like I'm crazy every time I clean one out, but they really do come in handy for all sorts of things! Right now I am using two cottage cheese containers to hold a small bit of chopped pecans and chocolate chips. 


I just wrote on top what I had inside and stacked them in the pantry. They are just the right size for smaller portions of leftover stuff. Do you do this, too?

Comments

  1. All the time! I have to save mine for when I'm sending food with others, though, b/c I've found if I use mine in the fridge, I forget it's not actually butter/sour cream, etc. I need to see my leftovers, lol.

    I think I was inspired to save them when I read Barbara Kingsolver's "The Poisonwood Bible" when she referred to Americans as people who "Buy containers the same size and shape as the ones they throw away." Totally convicting!

    Glad to know we're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment