Cheesy Sausage and Potatoes

Back before my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease, one of the meals I liked to make was Cheesy Sausage and Potatoes using smoked sausage and Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potato mix. Unfortunately, the Au Gratin Potato mix is not gluten-free, so we haven't been able to eat it in a really long time. Until now! I used this recipe for Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes and just subbed in all-purpose gluten-free flour and added cut up pieces of sausage. It turned out really good! I thought it tasted pretty much like how the Betty Crocker version tastes. I would definitely make it again! However, I had way too many potatoes. I cut the recipe in half and just used two Idaho potatoes, but they were really big, so I think next time I'll try to get smaller potatoes. (Sorry for the not so good picture.)

Happy holidays, by the way! The blog will be on winter break until January. See you in the new year!

Comments