Italian Sausage and Potato Roast

Disclaimer: I don't actually like peppers and onions. But I do appreciate the flavor they give to other foods during the cooking process. Therefore, when I saw this recipe for an Italian Sausage and Potato Roast, I knew that we had to try it. I DO like sausage and potatoes, and this recipe was a great way to get rid of some potatoes that were making our kitchen countertop their home and overstaying their welcome. You can follow the above link to see the full recipe on the A Few Shortcuts website, but here are some tips from me to you in regards to this recipe:

1. If you don't like peppers and onions or the flavor they give to other foods, this is not the recipe for you.
2. I purchased sweet Italian sausage as opposed to hot or mild sausage. It was definitely not spicy. Just right.
3. For those out there who eat gluten-free, Premio brand Italian sausage says "gluten-free" right on the package. Apparently Johnsonville and Shadybrook Farms brands are also gluten-free, but I like to support companies that make it easy for me when I'm at the grocery store.
4. We didn't have garlic salt, so we just used regular salt and some garlic powder.
5. This is a very easy dinner to make during the work week. I cut up the onion and peppers Sunday night, put them in separate containers and placed them in the fridge. I set all the non-refrigerated ingredients out on the counter the night before we were to have this so that it would be easy for my husband to find everything we needed and throw it all together. And really, once everything is cut up and ready to go, all you do is throw it together on the baking sheet.
6. It's helpful to put foil down on the baking sheet - EASY CLEAN-UP.

Comments

  1. Nice! That looks really good. I need a few cheap and easy dinners.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment