Stars and Stripes Forever

I made another Christmas card using a challenge at Jingle Belles, the holiday card challenge blog. In honor of the 4th of July, the challenge was to use stars or stripes (or both) on the card. I went through my scrap stash and found some great embossed star cardstock and then red, white, green, and blue striped paper. So my card has stars and stripes. I'm going to add a picture over the see-through red paper to complete the card. This picture doesn't really show the star-embossed paper very well, but I swear to you that the blue base of the card is embossed with stars. I swear! And if you end up being the recipient of this card, then you will be able to see it. This challenge ends Wednesday July 6, so if you have the day off tomorrow, then maybe you'll get the chance to make a holiday stars and stripes card of your own! Happy Independence Day!

Comments

  1. That embossed star paper is perfect ... and I love how you've added the year to your card ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can TOTALLY see the stars... and they are awesome! as is the stripey paper, the red vellummy paper, and ESPECIALLY the fact that you've left a spot for a family photo, the only thing in the world that could make this card even ♥BETTER♥ imo! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is ingenious of you to prepare for the family photo. Love your starry background.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment