Crawfish Etouffe'

Take your cooking a little Cajun this weekend with this recipe from Susan. I was not adventurous enough to make it, nor do I think my husband would eat crawfish. (I made him try a pasta salad thing earlier this week and so I can't make him try anything else new for a little awhile.) But perhaps you are feeling like going outside your comfort zone. Here's what Susan had to say about this recipe: "My hubby is Cajun. I have tried Crawfish Etouffe' in other people's homes and restaurants. I have never found one I love better than Mama Rena's (Brett's mom)." So here is the recipe!

1 - 2 lbs peeled crawfish tails
2 med or 1 1/2 large white onions
1/2 large bell pepper
2 stalks green onions
1 stalk celery
Tony's Chachere' Seasoning (to taste - you can always add more so go lightly at first)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Teaspoon of dried parsley flakes
Vegetable oil to lightly cover bottom of pan

Cut onions, bell pepper, celery, green onions and saute in grease for 2 to 4 minutes. Add crawfish and a little water. Cover pot - stirring occasionally. Season to taste and add parsley. Serve over rice.

Thanks again to Susan for being part of Cook Scrap Craft this week! And don't forget to visit Susan's blog and Scrapbook.com gallery for inspiration. It's a long weekend for those of us in the U.S., so get some scrapping done!

Comments