Stage 1

 I did take a 30-minute break today to scrapbook, but you won't see a picture of that just yet. Instead, this is what our bedroom looks like as we attempt to paint it. But before we can paint it, we have to get rid of a wallpaper border. And then we have to wipe down the walls and fill in old nail holes. But first.... the wallpaper border.

I had the day off today, so I spent the majority of my day off peeling off paper and sticky gunk. And it's still. not. done. I stopped at 5:00 p.m. My neck hurts from looking up for so long. My hands were hurting from holding the stupid plastic scraper. My feet were hurting from standing on them all day. Mike is going to try tomorrow and/or we are going to Home Depot to buy some special wallpaper removal stuff.

Here's some advice: when you move into a house, don't move into one with wallpaper. I can't even imagine what it will be like when we decide to redo the office, which is ALL wallpaper and not just a border. Hopefully we win the lottery by then and we can hire people to do it for us.

Three more days to work on this. Will we get to the painting part?




p.s. You can see the paint sample colors on the wall in the second picture. Which one do you think we picked?

Comments