Brunch

For Mother's Day Mike and I had a brunch for his mom and grandma. Here is a list of what I served:

Lemon Berry Punch - This is really good for a brunch beverage and/or summer BBQ beverage.

Gluten-free Shortcut Cinnamon Biscuits - The measurements for the icing are a little off, though. (1 lb of margarine?? Did she mean tbsp?) So here is the icing recipe I used:
2 tbsp butter
3 ounces of softened cream cheese
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream together in a bowl. When biscuits are ready, put icing on top. DELICIOUS when served warm.

If you're serving fruit, like we did, might I suggest this yummy fruit dip that you'll be eating by itself for the rest of the week:
2 eight-ounce packages of cream cheese
1 13-ounce jar of marshmallow fluff
Mix together. YUM.

We also served two breakfast casseroles (that I'll be sharing with you next week) and bagels.

Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes - If I had had more time and/or knew how to make these gluten-free, I totally would have made them. Do they not look delicious? Next time.

Comments

  1. That sounds awesome! I subscribe to Sandra Lee's SemiHomemade Magazine and she had some really yummy brunch ideas too. Between yours and hers I feel the need to host a brunch sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment