Pioneer Woman's Chicken Salad

Two things you should know:

1. I've heard great things about The Pioneer Woman but have never gone to the site.

2. It's been FOREVER since I've made chicken salad.

This is where Jill Cornell comes in. The recipe she's sharing with us comes from The Pioneer Woman and is for chicken salad. I love chicken salad and Jill "love, love, love[s]" this recipe. Her advice: add candied pecans or almonds on top. Is your mouth watering yet?

Here is the link to the Pioneer Woman recipe. Did I follow it exactly? No. I'm too cheap to buy a fryer chicken. Did I match the measurements exactly? No. I eyeballed it. Did it still taste delicious? Oh yeah. I really like the sour cream and mayo mixture because it makes a nice thick coating for the chicken. I also liked the addition of brown sugar to the mixture. I think next time I'll add a little bit more.

Eat on a toasted whole wheat English muffin and enjoy!

Thanks to Jill for sharing this recipe with us and for being a part of Cook Scrap Craft this week. If you haven't already, go check out Jill's blog and Scrapbook.com gallery to help jumpstart your creative mojo this weekend. I'd love for you to share in the comments how Jill has inspired you!

Comments