Getting Scrappy With... Jill Cornell!

click here to see this in Jill's Scrapbook.com gallery
What can I say about Jill Cornell? Her scrapbook work is AWESOME (and her twin daughters are adorable) and every layout that I see from Jill I immediately want to scraplift. Every. Single. One. Jill has been on design teams for GCD Studios, Noel Mignon, and Midnight Rooster, and she did freelance designs for The Scrappy Gourmet. You can find all of Jill's work at her blog, Blessed Scrapper, and in her Scrapbook.com gallery. But before you check out her stuff, learn a little bit more about Jill below.

What are your favorite scrapbook manufacturers? 
I LOVE so many! My all-time favorite is Melissa Frances - just love her shabby, feminine products! I also love GCD Studios, Crate Paper, American Crafts and Jenni Bowlin.

When did you start scrapping?
I started scrapbooking seven years ago when I got married.

How has your style evolved over the years? 
I have always been a lover of all things girly so my style has developed into shabby chic (inking, painting, distressing and sewing). I love a homespun touch on my projects!

How often do you scrap about yourself? 
Now that I have twin daughters, I occasionally make it into my layouts. I focus mainly on scrapbooking them but try to get myself and my husband in there too.

With twin girls, when do you find time to scrap?
I have a scrapbook studio and do the majority of my scrapbooking at night after my girls go to bed. Sometimes, I sneak in a little scrapbooking while they nap.


Do you have a favorite technique that you use on layouts or something that you think of as your signature?
I almost always use my sewing machine on my projects. I love the extra texture it adds and it's a simple way to add details.

click here to see this in Jill's Scrapbook.com gallery
I love the way stitching looks on a layout, but I don't have a sewing machine! Where do you keep yours? What does your scrap area look like?
I have a large table for my work surface with a TV and DVD player so I can watch my favorite shows and movies. I keep my most-used tools right on my work surface. Patterned paper and cardstock are organized in Cropper Hopper holders by manufacturer and color, respectively. I organize all embellishments by color in plastic drawers on shelves above my work surface. Ribbon is sorted by color in large Ziploc bags. My sewing machine and Cricut are on a table next to my work surface.


I need to take some tips from you on organizing my supplies. Last question - why do you scrapbook?
I love scrapbooking because it allows me to be a storyteller. Who else will be able to tell my family’s story but me? Scrapbooking is also my creative outlet. I relish this time because I am able to lose myself in my work and escape the realities of being a busy wife and mother for just a little bit.

Thanks so much for being a part of Cook Scrap Craft this week, Jill! 


***
Don't forget to check out Jill's blog and Scrapbook.com gallery. And come back Thursday for more inspiration from Jill.

Comments

  1. Laurie,

    Thanks so much for the feature! You are so sweet! I appreciate your kind words so much! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment