Super Easy Snack

I love dried apricots. Not the organic kind from Whole Foods. Those are gross. I know they are like that because they are not made with nasties, but the nasties are what make dried apricots so delicious (and orange) to me. So I will eat them that way. Plus they are cheaper than organic.

Anyway, I saw a quick and easy recipe in the latest issue of Fitness magazine for Dark Chocolate Pistachio Apricots, which I immediately cut out because who doesn't love anything dipped in chocolate? Lucky for me, dried apricots were on sale at the grocery store so I picked up a bag along with a bag of Hershey's dark chocolate chips and got to work making this scrumptious and healthy snack. (Yes, it is healthy. Apricots are a fruit and dark chocolate contains anti-oxidants.)

It's really easy. You melt the dark chocolate (The Hershey's bag had instructions on how to melt the chips in the microwave or stove top. I did mine in the microwave.) and then dip one half of each apricot (I used the whole bag of apricots.) into the melted chocolate. Set the apricots on a wax paper covered baking sheet and place in the fridge for awhile to let the chocolate harden.

You're like, "Wait! Aren't there supposed to be pistachios on these?" Uhm yes, but I didn't buy any. I actually discovered some chopped walnuts in the pantry so I think next time I might try sprinkling some of those on the apricots, but they taste great without any nuts. If you do go the nut route, after dipping one half of an apricot in the chocolate, sprinkle it with the chopped pistachios.

In scrappy news, the latest challenge is up on Scrap Outside the Box. You've got to use popsicle sticks. I had a layout all sketched out but I couldn't find any popsicle sticks at my house or at the store! Hopefully you can find some (hint - did you save the popsicle sticks that came in your rub-ons packaging?) because if you participate in this challenge you are eligible to win an iTunes gift card! Sweetness! Link up your layout here so we can all see it! Good luck!

Comments

Post a Comment