The Rocket Summer mini book

I don't know if I've mentioned on this blog how much I enjoy the band The Rocket Summer. Or how much I desperately want this T-shirt. I had hoped to put it on my Christmas wish list, but alas, it wasn't available to order online at that time because the band was still touring and you could only get it at the shows and when I went to a show I didn't have any cash on me to buy it. But now it is available at The Rocket Summer's online store and oh how I pine for it in a size small. :) [My husband just told me that I never buy anything for myself so I should order this shirt right now. Hmm...]


In the meantime, I'm showing my enjoyment of The Rocket Summer by making a mini album of my favorite Rocket Summer song lyrics.


I can't really remember where or when I got this little album. I think it was in a prize pack that I won. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it. It's a tad small to put photos in and, unlike some other scrappers that make themed mini albums for their kids' birthdays or holidays, I do not have children and my husband refuses to have his picture taken so I can't make a themed mini album about his birthday. Instead, I thought it might be fun to do an album full of quotes, and, because I was listening to The Rocket Summer's last album non-stop at the time, it made sense to use those lyrics in the album.



This was a great way to use up some scrap paper and random embellishments. I typed up the lyrics in Word using the Typewriter font and then printed them out and cut them up. I'm planning on tying a ribbon to the album and hanging it from a bulletin board. But first I need a bulletin board. And before that we need to redo the office. All in good time. 

How do you use mini albums?

Comments

  1. That was a great idea for the album! I usually use them for vacations. We go on 2-3 a year, so they are perfect for those events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a mini! Go get your shirt before he changes his mind!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment