Kerneless Caramel Corn

The featured recipe for this Friday is for Kerneless Caramel Corn, courtesy of KariAnn. Now, I wasn't able to make this one for myself. I had difficulty finding Puff Corn at my grocery store. I wanted the Frito-Lay Chester's Puff Corn because it is gluten-free but they didn't carry it! Boo!

Anyway, KariAnn highly recommends this as a snack to bring to picnics or scrapbook crops. So if you make it, let me know! Enjoy!

Kerneless Caramel Corn

2 bags Puff Corn (in chip aisle)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups semipacked brown sugar
1 c butter
1/2 c dark corn syrup
pinch salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Put Puff Corn in large roasting pan.
2. In a saucepan, mix everything except the baking soda. Boil for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Add baking soda.
4. Stir mixture over Puff Corn and bake.
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Cool on baking rack or wax paper.

***

And thanks again to KariAnn for being a part of Cook Scrap Craft this week. Don't forget to share with us your layouts so we can see how KariAnn inspired you! And be sure to visit her blog and Scrapbook.com gallery for even more inspiration. 

Comments