Getting Scrappy With... Cassy

This month we are Getting Scrappy With... Cassy aka Cadi Walda on Scrapbook.com. When I first joined Scrapbook.com, Cassy was one of the first scrapbookers whose work I discovered and really liked.

Click here to see this on Cassy's Scrapbook.com gallery
She's a big advocate for white space, which leaves her scrapbook layouts looking crisp, clean, and oh so lovely. Cassy's work is a great example of how you don't need a lot of bells and whistles to make a truly fantastic layout. Click on the above link to visit her Scrapbook.com gallery and then head over to her blog, The Super Watsons!, to find out more about Cassy. Of course, if you keep reading, you'll get to know Cassy a little bit better, too.

So Cassy, when did you start scrapping?

I first started scrapbooking shortly after I finished high school, so it's been about 10 years now.

How has your style evolved over the years?

Well, when I first started it was all about stickers, weird cutting of pictures and matting every photo. All my pages were very busy in all the wrong ways. Now I stick to simple, clean lines.

Most of your layouts do adhere to the "simple, clean lines" concept. Do you think of that as your signature?

I don't know that I have a signature, but I tend to lean toward simple design. I am a "white space" advocate and almost no page is complete without a little doodling.

What are your favorite scrapbook manufacturers?

I l-o-v-e Basic Grey! They have the cutest paper! I'm also a big fan of American Crafts and Scenic Route.

Why do you scrap?

I like the way it looks when I make a cute page. And I want to remember my life! I envision my kids going through my scrapbooks one day and we're all laughing and crying, and talking about all the fun/crazy things we did.

How often do you scrap about yourself (or scrap pictures that you are in)?

Rarely. My kids are so much cuter than me so they dominate my scrapbook world now.

Click here to see this on Cassy's Scrapbook.com gallery
Do you have a favorite place to scrap or a certain time of day when you get the most scrapping done?

I really like to scrap on the floor. My husband bought me a table to do my scrapping on, but I just really like being able to spread everything out in front of me and work on the ground. As far as when, the only time I can is after 7p.m.—kid's bedtime.

And what does your scrap area look like?

Right now it's in a corner of my bedroom. I have to keep it cleaned up so that things don't get trampled, but someday I'll have a craft room and things can be haphazardly strewn about!

Any tips for other scrappers out there who are short on space but need to keep their scrap areas cleaned up, too?

I like boxes, drawers, canisters—anything that has compartments. I really like knowing where things are. I would say just see what you have to work with and get appropriate storage. I have a small corner so a rolling cart and a table that can be closed up help me to keep things together.

From reading your blog, it appears you have a few other crafty hobbies.

I love to sew! It is my newest obsession. I also love to write anything: journal, poetry, stories, thoughts, whatever.

Well, you certainly have a knack for sewing. The flower girl dress you made for your daughter turned out really well! Where do you get your creative inspiration for all your crafty endeavors?

All over. My best friend is really creative and we work well to generate ideas between the two of us. She gives good input and will tell me when something isn't working.

It's good to have other crafty friends like that! Thanks so much for being part of Cook Scrap Craft this month, Cassy!

***

Don't forget to check out Cassy's Scrapbook.com gallery and her blog for more inspiration. Speaking of inspiration, come back later this week to find out how I scraplifted some of Cassy's layouts!

Comments

  1. I love you profile picture! I used to live just a little bit to the east of where this photo was taken - in Tiburon. I just had to walk 50 feet and I would see this site! Fabulous, isn't it?
    You have a lovely blog and I will follow along! Please join me at mine - I'd love to have you!
    Ann
    PS It is taken outside of San Francisco, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment