Adventures in Ribbon

See the orange flower on this layout?

"Ugly Icon" done for All About Me challenge - Idol; Recollections solid cardstock, American Crafts patterned paper, Making Memories journaling spot, American Crafts Thickers, random ribbon and buttons


Yeah, totally made it.

Wanna know how?

First, I tried making a ribbon flower using a so-called easy tutorial wherein you fold the ribbon a bunch of times and then pull the ends and the ribbon bunches up.

Uh, no. That did not happen.

So then I moved onto this other ribbon tutorial that I had bookmarked. If you have ribbon with stitching along the edges, this is the tutorial for you. (I wonder if you could stitch along the edges yourself to make this work. Probably.) Thanks Ideas for Scrapbookers!

My first flower, the orange one, turned out great.

Second and third flowers... not so much and then I was out of the stitched-edge ribbon, so I couldn't try anymore. Tip: Don't pull the stitching all the way out like I did. *sigh*

At least I got one, right?

Comments

  1. Hi Laurie! I'm doing well - working for the paper in St. Charles, married with a cat at home :) Looks like you've been blogging for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment