Saturday, June 26, 2010

Anything But Plain


Who does this plain yogurt with blueberries on top belong to? ME! Look at me eating all healthy and stuff. At first I was all, "Plain yogurt... eh." But after eating this for two days, I'm beginning to get used to it. Although, I think something like honey or granola or Grape Nuts would really add a little something-something. Any ideas?

While you're thinking up yogurt recipes, let me tell you about something. I've read two books on faith recently and, while one book was sort of self-helpy and the other was a memoir, both referenced 1 Kings 19: 4-8 (NLT):

4
Then he [Elijah] went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died.”

5 Then he lay down and slept under the broom tree. But as he was sleeping, an angel touched him and told him, “Get up and eat!” 6 He looked around and there beside his head was some bread baked on hot stones and a jar of water! So he ate and drank and lay down again.

7 Then the angel of the Lord came again and touched him and said, “Get up and eat some more, or the journey ahead will be too much for you.”

8 So he got up and ate and drank, and the food gave him enough strength to travel forty days and forty nights to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God.

I think I was supposed to find this passage. I haven't blogged much about personal issues, but things are kind of poopy for us right now and we just keep getting poop surprises. But I hope that as we continue on this journey of poop, God will be there providing what we need to endure until, hopefully, we get to a good surprise at the end. We also apparently have people at a Baptist church in Missouri praying for us. That was a nice surprise this week. :)

In other news, it's my half birthday today. Where has this year gone?

2 comments:

  1. You didn't mention the prayers from the Baptist church when we talked on the phone. Can you figure out the connection? And I too loved the "poopy" analogy. Not sure a pastor could use that in a sermon though.

    ReplyDelete