Anything But Plain


Who does this plain yogurt with blueberries on top belong to? ME! Look at me eating all healthy and stuff. At first I was all, "Plain yogurt... eh." But after eating this for two days, I'm beginning to get used to it. Although, I think something like honey or granola or Grape Nuts would really add a little something-something. Any ideas?

While you're thinking up yogurt recipes, let me tell you about something. I've read two books on faith recently and, while one book was sort of self-helpy and the other was a memoir, both referenced 1 Kings 19: 4-8 (NLT):

4
Then he [Elijah] went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died.”

5 Then he lay down and slept under the broom tree. But as he was sleeping, an angel touched him and told him, “Get up and eat!” 6 He looked around and there beside his head was some bread baked on hot stones and a jar of water! So he ate and drank and lay down again.

7 Then the angel of the Lord came again and touched him and said, “Get up and eat some more, or the journey ahead will be too much for you.”

8 So he got up and ate and drank, and the food gave him enough strength to travel forty days and forty nights to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God.

I think I was supposed to find this passage. I haven't blogged much about personal issues, but things are kind of poopy for us right now and we just keep getting poop surprises. But I hope that as we continue on this journey of poop, God will be there providing what we need to endure until, hopefully, we get to a good surprise at the end. We also apparently have people at a Baptist church in Missouri praying for us. That was a nice surprise this week. :)

In other news, it's my half birthday today. Where has this year gone?

Comments

  1. You didn't mention the prayers from the Baptist church when we talked on the phone. Can you figure out the connection? And I too loved the "poopy" analogy. Not sure a pastor could use that in a sermon though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment