Friday, March 19, 2010

Origami Shoes

So many scrapbook challenges to enter, so little time. Here's yet another layout for yet another scrapbook challenge, this time a sketch challenge at The Story Matters blog. (The company also does cool monthly scrapbook kits, which, of course, I have only drooled over online. Man, I can't wait until we move and I can *fingers crossed* spend money again.)

This layout is titled "Hot" because, well, I do look pretty fab in those ginormous origami high heels. This picture was taken at Toy Fair in February. I had forgotten all about it until I went through my bag of Toy Fair goodies and saw it. Seriously, though, how could I have forgotten standing in oversized pink shoes?

I really liked this sketch because it was super simple. You can get straight to the point and really focus on the picture without being overwhelmed. I used SEI papers, American Crafts thickers, and some glittery chipboard pieces that I think are Making Memories. I've had them for so long I don't even remember.

In other news, I really want to watch Adventures in Babysitting tonight. But I have to get it out of the way before my husband gets home (he's running a bonfire for middle schoolers tonight) because that movie is, in his words, "poop on a stick." (He also says that about The Golden Girls. He's no fun!)

"No one gets outta here without singing the blues!"

3 comments:

  1. cute layout...and cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love how you used the sketch! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the golden girls!!! and i haven't seen that babysitter movie in years! sounds like i should rent it soon. haha. :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete