Never a Dull Moment

Although sometimes I wish it was.

So I'm on the subway and sitting diagonally across from me is a man talking to himself and clipping his fingernails. Just letting those fingernail clippings fall to the subway floor. Nice, right?

Flash forward a few minutes and I reach my stop. I get up, walk to the door, and wait for the subway to stop and open the doors. Well, wouldn't you know it, but I chose to stand at the door next to fingernail clipper man.

"You have beautiful eyes," he rasps at me. "I'm not ashamed to say it. Those eyes are beautiful."

It's like, first of all, I know and I don't need sleazy men telling me this. And second, DUDE, I JUST WATCHED YOU CLIP YOUR FINGERNAILS ON THE SUBWAY! Am I supposed to be swooning over this unhygienic casanova and his creepy compliment?

GAH.

I, of course, ignored the guy. I pretty much ignore everyone in this city, as a matter of fact, (even people I know... sorry Steve) but skeevy guys are No. 1 on my list of "people to ignore" even if they call me racist and tell me to go back to the Hamptons. (True story.) Gee, I love this city. :/

Comments

  1. Have you had men proposition you for sex? I'd say that's the ultimate...the first was a guy with the poorest pick up line I've ever heard (but at least he had the decency to apologize to me after he had a nice little talk with security), and the second was higher than a freaking kite. (I didn't realize what he'd asked me until my friends' husband explained to me that the dude wasn't asking about the kind of coffee you drink...) Eeeew.

    So...I will say, however, that I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment