Getting Carded


I've recently been trying my hand at cardmaking, aside from my Christmas cards. Most of my card inspiration comes from the owner of Classy Coordinates who came up with the bright idea (why didn't I think of this?) to use scrapbook scraps to make cards! I subscribe to the Classy Coordinates scrapbook club, which means that every month I get enough coordinating supplies to make six pages, and so I've started using my scraps from the Classy Coordinates packs to create cards. It's a good way to get the most out of your supplies AND grow a stash of cards that you have on hand whenever you need one!

Cardmaking for me has been a tough learning process, though, because I'm so used to creating a 12x12 scrapbook page using photos as the focal point. But thanks to card design inspiration from Classy Coordinates, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Of course, my Christmas cards always have a photo, so those are a little easier to do. But I still used scraps from last year to make this year's cards! Very economical!
And the "Make Your Spirits Bright. Wish" cardboard element? The coffee cup sleeves from Starbucks. I told you there was a good reason behind my hoarding!

I've already sent out my Christmas cards so hopefully everyone has received them! What are you doing for Christmas cards this year? December's Real Simple suggested post cards instead of actual cards - the postage is cheaper and so are the postcards! If I didn't enjoy making my Christmas cards so much, I'd consider doing post cards. Maybe next year? I also saw some really cute embroidered holiday cards. The technique would also be cute for use on some type of party favor or place settings. (Much thanks to Kara for sharing that on Google Reader!)

Comments