Dairy-Free at Hershey Park

Hershey's may be known for its milk chocolate, but have no fear if you don't drink milk due to an allergy, lactose intolerance, or vegan preference. There are still things you can eat at Hershey Park in Hershey, Pennsylvania.


Inside the Chocolate World gift shop, I found the new plant-based Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey's with Almonds. Even though I'm not supposed to eat chocolate due to the caffeine, I was jealous of my family members getting free mini Hershey's at the end of the Chocolate World tour. So I bought some dairy-free Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for myself! They were good! (Note: I did not see these options in the Hershey Supply Co. store.)


For dinner on our first night, we ate at The Chocolatier, just outside the park. (Recommendation: you'll want to make a reservation.) The soft pretzel bites from the appetizer menu are apparently vegan if you exclude the cheese sauce. But I got the Impossible Burger with sweet potato fries. Even though my burger was plain (because vegan cheese wasn't an option), it was still really good, and the fries were DELICIOUS. Seriously, the best sweet potato fries I've ever eaten.


The next day we ate lunch in the park. I got an acai bowl from Oola Bowls, conveniently located next to the Overlook Food Court where the rest of my family ordered their lunches. Pay attention to the ingredients in the bowls because some of them use Nutella and chocolate chips, which are not dairy-free. 


If you'd rather join your family in the Food Court, I did see vegan options on the menu. However, when I went through the line with my daughter just before noon, the spots where those menu items should have been located were empty. 


Make a special trip back to the front of the park for some vegan ice cream at Milton's. When I was there, the vegan flavor was Blueberry Crisp. (I think the sorbets are also dairy-free.) It was really good, and they give you a lot of ice cream in the regular size.


We left the park for dinner, and I chose My Way Pizza & Grill, which not only offers acai bowls (I'm obsessed with those) but also vegan cheese on its pizzas! I was able to get a personal pizza with olive oil (because I can't have tomato-based sauces), spinach, and grilled chicken. Very tasty.


I should also mention that my husband was able to get gluten-free options at The Chocolatier, Overlook Food Court, Milton's, and My Way Pizzeria. So if you are also gluten-free or someone in your family is, there are options for you, too!

Where is your favorite place in Hershey Park or in the Hershey area to eat allergen-free food?

Comments