Mix It Up Monday November Hop - Scrapbook Process 282

Welcome to another hop for Piece Craft Love's Mix It Up Monday! Every month on the second Monday, a group of scrapbookers takes a scrapbook sketch and interprets it in different ways by adding mixed media. Be sure to check out my process video for the full list of hoppers.

Now, I'm really mixing it up this month by doing a two-page spread in my mini-vacation Traveler's Notebook instead of a 12x12 scrapbook page.

 
I was still inspired by the sketch over on the right-hand side. I turned the sketch on its side to accommodate my two horizontal 2x3 photos. I kept the circles in the background by punching one-inch and 1.5-inch circles out of patterned paper and adding in some circular stickers.


I even brought the circles over onto the left-hand page to tie the whole spread together. 

The left-hand page is my journaling for these photos, which were the second day of a weekend trip my husband and I took in summer 2021. We took a morning walk through Boston's Seaport area, which was so nice!


In terms of mixed media, I kept it simple by doing splatters with two colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide sprays. I think that if you are new to mixed media, doing splatters is the easiest way to get into it. It's certainly one of my favorite techniques, and it's something you can do before you place your photos and papers down, or you can add splatters at the end. I do it both ways in my process video for this layout.

Thanks for looking!

Comments