Scrapbooking without the Photos - Scrapbook Process 259

Let me tell you a little bit about how I'm doing this month's YouTube Live scraps with Shimelle. Most of the pieces in her August Best of Both Worlds kit are travel-themed, so I'm going to use them for scrapbooking my vacation photos. HOWEVER, I haven't yet printed out those photos. So what I'm doing is following along with Shimelle, making a note of the size of photos needed, and then looking through my vacation photos to figure out which ones will work. You can find out more about this plan when you watch my process video.


Today's scrapbook layout required the use of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray in Uncharted Mariner and the plus sign stencil from Simple Stories. (The stencil wasn't part of the kit.) That part got a little messy, but what good mixed media isn't messy? The blue ink will come off of my fingers eventually.



Then, I cut up a bunch of the cut parts to do a lot of layering behind the three photos. I've got one vertical 4x6 and two horizontal 3x4 photos.

Before I did the title for this layout, I went through my photos and found three from a train ride we took that would be perfect. Once I knew what photos would fit, I used two different Simple Stories Let's Go alpha stickers to title the page.



And that's that! Now all I need to do is print out my vacation photos. (I guess this means I'm doing a 12x12 vacation album! I'm okay with that!) Thanks for looking!
 

Comments