Random Layering and Mixed Media - Scrapbook Process 262

Hello, everyone! Today's scrapbook process video is a random work of art! If you're doing a no-spend year and have to shop your scrapbook stash, then this is the layout for you. 

I started with a base of Vicki Boutin Foundations paper and sprayed it with some Shabby Shutters from Tim Holtz. Then I splattered on a little Kitsch Flamingo because I like how green and pink look together.

I originally had an idea for the layout of the photos, but after I did the mixed media, I realized that my first idea wasn't going to work. So I rearranged my photos and overlapped the edges. Only one photo has a cardstock mat, and that was intentional. I sometimes like to have one photo stand out against the others by adding a mat, especially when I've got a lot of photos on a page.


Then it was time to add some additional layers behind the photos. I grabbed a plastic bag filled with bits of scrap paper and just started experimenting with layering them all together and behind the photos. 

 

I'm so pleased with how this all turned out! I hope that you watch the video and that it inspires you to try your hand at random layering or creating your own mixed media background or BOTH! Thanks for looking.

Comments