May Mix It Up Monday Hop - Scrapbook Process 232

Welcome to Mix It Up Monday – a Social Media hop where we share projects that MIX IT UP! We’re mixing up a traditional scrapbook layout with some different types of media such as texture paste, foil, paint, ink, spray, gesso, thread, and stitching. In fact, the SKY is the limit!

This hop is a collaboration between Anna from Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from I’d Rather Be Scrapbooking but anyone is welcome to play along. We post the inspiration sketch on the last Monday of the month and then the Hop takes place on the 2nd Monday of the month!

You can sign up for the next month's hop through the Piece Craft Love Facebook group. Use the name of this hop as your password.

Here is the scrapbook sketch that we worked with this month. It was designed by Kimberly!


And then here is what I created based on the sketch. You can see how this all came together in my process video.

 
I liked the banners in the sketch and incorporated those behind my two 4x6 elements - one is a photo and one is a 4x6 cut-apart from Simple Stories. Instead of doing horizontal banners in the background, I opted to use some border strips from my stash to create the horizontal lines.


And my mixed media is a combination of the packaging technique and some stenciling with a Scrapbook.com heart stencil and Hampton Art black ink.


This was a fun one to put together. I like how these challenges really get you thinking creatively! Be sure to watch my process video and follow along with all of the hop participants listed in the video's description box! Thanks for looking!

Comments