Mix It Up Monday - December Daily Page - Scrapbook Process 215

Welcome to Mix It Up Monday – a Social Media hop where we share projects that MIX IT UP! We’re mixing up a traditional scrapbook layout with some different types of media such as texture paste, foil, paint, ink, spray, gesso, thread, stitching, in fact, the SKY is the limit! This hop is a collaboration between Anna from Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from I’d Rather Be Scrapbooking, but anyone is welcome to play along. Anna posts the inspiration sketch on the last Monday of the month, and then the Hop takes place on the 2nd Monday of the month. 



So that's today! And here is my take on the sketch. I scaled it down to 6x8 for my December Daily album. The background paper is made using the package technique with Tim Holtz Festive Berries, and then I also added black Nuvo Drops. You can see how the page came together in this process video.

 
Instead of four photos, I used two photos. I also flipped the sketch because I wanted the Pinkfresh Studio tickets to peek out from the opposite side.


Some notes on using the Festive Berries Distress Oxide - it is messy and often ends up looking like blood, especially when you get it all over your hands. Keep baby wipes handy to clean up after! 

And an important note on using Nuvo Drops - save those until the very last step or you risk smudging them. Trust me, I've been there. And sometimes I still don't even listen to my own advice.


This was fun to put together because I liked working with the sketch but then turning it into something totally different! Don't let 12x12 sketches scare you if that's not the size you normally work in. All scrapbook sketches can be rearranged and made to work for you!

Thanks for looking!

Comments