Best of Online Gluten-Free Expo 2021 - Yumbana

Next up in my series of showcasing favorite new brands from the Online Gluten-Free Expo is a company out of Colorado called Yumbana. Why are they called Yumbana? When Christopher Lehn's family was diagnosed with soy and gluten allergies in 2010, he went to the kitchen and started experimenting with banana bread recipes that used gluten-free ingredients. A year later, he developed a banana muffin that tasted just like the ones his mom used to make, except they were allergen-friendly. And since these were such YUMmy BANAnas, he decided to call the company Yumbana.

Now, if you tell me that you make a gluten-free and dairy-free pumpkin spice muffin, then I'm all in! I was tempted to purchase four boxes of pumpkin spice muffins from Yumbana, but instead I got their multi-pack. So I ended up with one box of pumpkin spice, one box of blueberry, one box of banana nut, and one box of lemon crumble. 

I am so glad I got to sample all the different flavors! 

While I did enjoy the pumpkin spice (so soft and moist!), hands down my favorites were the lemon crumble. I was skeptical that the crumble on top would survive being saved in the freezer, thawed in the fridge, and heated up for a few seconds in the microwave. But it did! And it was all so delicious! I could smell that lemon scent for hours after eating one of those muffins, and it just made me want another!


But muffins aren't the only things the company sells. You can also purchase cookies in four flavors, mini cakes and full cakes, pies, rolls and crusts, pancake and waffle mix, and holiday cookies in themed packaging.

(Side note: while all the products are gluten-free, not all of them are dairy-free. Be sure to check the nutrition label before purchasing.)

Yumbana has got you covered if you need baked goods that are gluten-free. What do you think your favorite will be? Order online or use the store locator tool to find Yumbana at a store near you.

Comments