Stitch Fix Review After 4 "Fixes"

If you follow me on Instagram, then you've probably seen me share what's been coming in my every-other-month Stitch Fix boxes. 

After receiving four "fixes" from the company, I thought I'd share a more in-depth experience so far.

 

Why I Signed Up

Let's be honest - I would not have signed up for Stitch Fix had I not received a referral link for a $100 credit. That was major.

While I have not yet received such a wonderful credit to share with any of my followers, I do have a $25 credit referral link if you should wish to sign up.

Fix #1

This was my first time receiving something from Stitch Fix, and I was excited because it meant I didn't have to go into a store during a pandemic to shop for clothes and there was an element of surprise. 

And I pretty much loved everything in my first Fix. There was a nice cardigan, a cute pair of jeans, and a super cute and comfy pair of shoes. 

What I didn't love was the prices. So expensive! 

I only kept one thing from my first fix: The Pink Clover Nickole Textured Pullover in grey. It was normally $44, but with the $20 styling fee credited toward the purchase, it was only $24. 

Fix #2

With my first purchase under my belt, I was eligible for that $100 store credit. So when my second Fix rolled around, I was ready to spend.

Again, I pretty much liked everything in this box. For the second time, they gave me a cardigan with pockets, which was nice, but I already have so many cardigans. I decided to keep the EXTREMELY COMFY Liverpool Kaylee Skinny Jeans, which were $78 regularly, but the $20 styling fee credited toward the purchase brought them down to $58, and then I had the store credit, so I paid nothing for these amazing jeans.

me wearing sweater from Fix 1 and jeans from Fix 2

Fix #3

After two previous successful Fixes, I was excited to see what my stylist pulled for me for spring. Three of the tops were long-sleeved, one was short-sleeved, and then there was a pair of yoga pants. I pretty much liked all of the tops but just didn't have the money to splurge on all of them. And the yoga pants were pretty pricey for what seemed like basic black stretchy pants. There was nothing special about them to warrant such a high price tag. 

So I opted to keep the long-sleeve Pink Clover Shenaya Knit Top because it was so comfy and perfect for work-from-home days, and the Fortune + Ivy Helina Mixed Material Blouse because it was the perfect work-at-office top.

rocking my Fix #3 blouse to work

Fix #4

So far I've been pretty happy with my Fixes. That changed with Fix #4. I liked NOTHING in this box.

One of the shirts I received was the exact same Helina blouse from Fix #3 but with a white background and big floral pattern on it. I mean, I liked the shirt in Fix #3 but 1) I don't need the same shirt - I'm looking for unique and different pieces, 2) I specifically asked for no patterns because I'm on camera at work, and 3) White is a terrible color against my pasty pale skin.

The other shirts were either too small, too boxy, or too blah.

Then there was a pair of shorts that I was excited about because I need some new shorts for summer. They had a nice belt detail and were in a cool camo green color. However, while they fit okay around the waist, they felt a bit snug in the butt. Like, my underwear was starting to ride up. So I thought, no problem. I'll just exchange them for a bigger size. 

But the shorts weren't eligible for an exchange!!

That meant, I had to send everything back and still pay the $20 styling fee - for nothing. 

same blouse from Fix #3 and the shorts that
could have worked if I could have exchanged them

Because I gave my fourth Fix such a low review, Stitch Fix offered to send me a replacement Quick Fix box, but I wasn't clear on whether or not they'd also charge me another styling fee, so I opted to just wait until Fix 5. No point being out $40 with nothing to show for it.

My goal for this year was to give Stitch Fix the entire year (so 6 Fixes) and see how I felt about continuing on into 2022. At this point, I'm not sure I'll continue due to the high prices and the styling fee. I thought I would like the surprise element, but this last Fix was not a good surprise. 

You can just shop on your own through the Stitch Fix website, and I do like this feature because they pair outfits together so you can see what would look good with this specific top or these specific shoes. However, I do miss the affordability of shopping at Old Navy, Target, and Kohl's.

I'll update again after my sixth Fix.

Comments