Stick It Down January Single-Page Sketch Challenge

Yesterday I showed you my take on the Stick It Down two-page sketch challenge, and today is my take on the single-page sketch challenge. Yes, there is more than one challenge per month (there is also a card challenge), and you can participate in all of them if you want!


This is one where I really enjoyed the end result, but after letting it sit for a day, I think I'd do things a little differently. Instead of having a solid piece of patterned paper behind the photos, I'd cut that paper into two separate photo mats. But that just gives me something different to try the next time! There are so many ways to interpret a sketch!


I kept the color scheme blue and green on this to go with these photos of a summer tornado watch and road flood. It was a very crazy and very sudden experience for us, and we were supposed to be on vacation at the beach! Not much of a beach day.


I used three colors of misting spray (Shimmerz, Dina Wakely, Lindy's Stamp Gang) and embellished with Elle's Studio, PhotoPlay, Bella Blvd, Amy Tangerine, and Heidi Swapp.

The patterned paper is Altenew and the green paper strip is Crate Paper.

That's my take! Thanks so much for looking!

Comments

  1. Love your misting and patterned paper mix. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing layout documenting your vacation "upset". I love how you used all the misting spray to accentuate your "flood" pictures. Your colors are spot-on. I've been in a tornado...SCARY! You did an incredible job on your layout. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout, your background is stunning and your colour palette is so fun. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find I'd do something differently on my layouts, but it's a story told and that's always worth celebrating! Thank you so much for playing along at Stick it Down .
    Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
    Love Alex
    PinkCraftyMama
    Stick it Down DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a great layout! Thanks for playing along last month ~Sherry DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment