Stick It Down January 2-Page Sketch Challenge

There's been lots of scrapbooking this weekend! Today I'm sharing with you my take on the January 2-page Sketch Challenge from Stick It Down. This was a fun one to work with!


I've been getting kind of stumped on two-pagers lately because I never have two of the same patterned paper or two of the same solid color paper. But for this one, inspiration struck in the form of Shimelle. I "frankensteined" my backgrounds! 

For page one, I cut the flower paper in half and then cut a piece of cream Bazzill in half, then adhered them together with washi tape to create a full 12x12 background. 


The second page was easier because it was a grid design, so all I had to do was cut take the leftover green paper that went behind my photos on page 1 and add three additional squares. I've got the cream Bazill, the flower pattern, and the opposite side of the flower pattern. So essentially, I took the leftover flower paper and cut it in half again to create two squares. One square got adhered to the right side of the leftover Bazzill, and the other half got adhered to the right side of the leftover green paper. Then I stuck it all together!


Maybe I should have done a process video for this one, but it kind of came together at the last minute. If I'm feeling inspired again and I have enough photos for it, maybe I'll use this sketch for another two-pager and video the whole process. So make sure you're subscribed to my YouTube channel!

Products used include PhotoPlay, Elle's Studio, Bazzill, Heidi Swapp, and Simple Stories.

Thanks for watching!

Comments

  1. Great take on the sketch. I love the fun photos and bright colors your used. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! I love the fun color scheme! Thanks for playing at Stick IT Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I love the rainbows and the bright colors. Thank you for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY this is a WONDERFUL layout. I love your pictures! And all your extra embellishments are a perfect compliment to your double layout. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you stretched that floral paper over both sides of the double page layout! I do like a bit of 'Frankensteining' myself :-). Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute layout :) Love your take on the sketch :P Thanks for joining us over at Stick It Down
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment