Biz Trip Scrapbook Page

I just discovered a new scrapbook sketch challenge blog called Sketches In Thyme. You know how much I love working with sketches, right? So I decided to play along with the first sketch of the month there, and here is what I created:


In the original sketch, the entire left-hand side was three 4x6 photos going down in a line. But I wanted a little more patterned paper to be showing on this layout since the background was just a blah cream color, so I cut down the photos to 3.5 x 5 and then angled them a little so you can still see the suitcase patterned paper peeking out from behind. Then I added a strip of heart patterned paper to divide the layout between the three photo side and the single photo side.


There was space for journaling underneath the vertical photo in the original sketch, so I added three strips of patterned paper, and then cut a blank journaling space to go underneath so I could extend that whole right side. I also wanted my embellishment cluster to overlap the strips and the journaling.

The title is Bella Blvd Florence alphas, and the embellishments on here are Simple Stories, Fancy Pants Designs, and very old Cat Martin Norwegian Wood.

And speaking of old, the cream background cardstock? It's from C'oredinations, and I've had it in my stash since 2010. Yikes!


I liked the fall feel of the Norwegian Wood die-cuts, fitting for a fall business trip to Rhode Island to check out the newest toys from Hasbro last year. And the color scheme of Kate & Ash by Simple Stories seemed to mesh well, too. Have I mentioned how much I love mixing collections?

There will be no fall business trip this year due to COVID-19, and that's just as well. I ended up with a stye in my left eye after this trip last year, and it was a pain in the butt to get rid of. I did really like the hotel where we stayed: Graduate Hotel Providence. I'd go back there again sometime!

What hotels have you stayed at that you really like? 

Comments

  1. I'm soooo glad you found us! Four new sketches every month! I'm totally lovin' your take on the sketch, and I love your layout! Great colors too! Thank you for playing along @ Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment