Alphabet Summer Letter U Week Recap

I wanted to do the letter U this week because the word "underwear" starts with U, and I knew that would make my kid laugh. So that's how I started out my week. How did you start yours?

Make sure to follow my Kid School and Alphabet Summer Pinterest boards to stay up to date on all the latest curriculum ideas.

So on Monday we read Aliens in Underpants Save the World, and then did a corresponding design your own underwear activity that I printed off of the Scholastic website. We also did our letter U tracing, letter U dot marker page, and came up with words that started with the letter U. 

On Tuesday, I had to work, so we didn't have kid school.

Wednesday morning, my daughter slept in, and she's been on a huge PJ Masks kick lately (partly brought on by my finally bringing home some PJ Masks toys from work), so in the brief time we did have before I needed to switch on my work laptop and do some work, we just printed out and colored PJ Masks coloring pages. 


Side note, have you ever Googled coloring pages? There are TONS of websites with free coloring pages to download or print directly. Maybe I should compile them all and do a blog post for you.

Our Little Passports and Koala Crates came for the month this week, too, so Wednesday afternoon we did a little bit in the weather-themed Little Passports kit. This did sort of tie into our letter U learning because there were pictures of umbrellas to color in the activity book!

Because we didn't read a book on Wednesday, we read two books on Thursday: Great Day for Up and The Umbrella. Then after printing out and coloring more PJ Masks pages, we colored letter U umbrella coloring pages and did letter U tracing. The afternoon was reserved for playing with PJ Masks toys and further exploring our Little Passports and Koala Crate kits. 

Friday morning was taken up by coloring in more PJ Masks coloring pages... But we did manage to read the book Up and go on a quick letter U scavenger hunt. We sort of did a letter U worksheet, but I could tell my kid really wasn't that into it. So I put together an Up, Up, and Away construction paper craft and had her glue a house and balloons to a piece of paper, just like the house in the movie Up.

Saturday morning we read a book from our home "library" in the Unicorn and Yeti series. And then we made a letter U unicorn. It was more work for me to prep than it was worth because my daughter doesn't really like crafts like this. I don't know why. 

If I had been more prepared, we could have done some cool unicorn snacks or something. I apparently have tons of those pinned on Pinterest.

Oh well. Today is another day. We're reading Ten Apples Up on Top and doing a book-themed counting worksheet with dot markers. 

And that's it! Join us next week for another letter!

Comments