Alphabet Summer Letter E Recap

We've moved on to our first vowel! The letter E has been a little bit harder than I thought. What are some good E activities? Well, I've got a bunch of ideas pinned to my Kid School and Alphabet Summer Pinterest boards, but here's what we ended up doing this week.



Instead of starting Monday off with general alphabet stuff, I just dove right in to the letter E. We read First the Egg, and did our weekly activities of letter tracing, dot marker sheets, and coming up with words that started with the letter E. (Surprisingly hard.)

In the afternoon, I tried to get my daughter interested in a letter E egg activity, but she wasn't having it. It was not a good afternoon.

Tuesday morning we read The Seven Silly Eaters (because "eat" starts with "E"), and then made pink lemonade because one of the characters in the book only drinks pink lemonade. My daughter enjoyed (an E word!) stirring up the water, sugar, red food coloring, and lemon juice. But she didn't drink any of it. (It was delicious, by the way.)

Wednesday morning was our vacation bible school at home. The science experiment was building towers out of marshmallows and spaghetti sticks. Many marshmallows were eaten.

We read one of my favorite childhood books Gregory the Terrible Eater. There's actually a Reading Rainbow episode of the book that you can watch on YouTube. I thought it was pretty cool, but to a kid in 2020, not so much. The activities I had planned hinged on some free printables from an educational website, but the link didn't work, so... we just painted with watercolors.



Our Friday morning book and activity was for Green Eggs and Ham. I figured my kid wouldn't actually eat green eggs, so we just made our own out of Play-Doh. There's also a show on Netflix that we watched, which was a perfect rainy day activity.

Saturday's plan was to read Emily's Balloon and then make origami balloons. This turned out pretty cool, however, it was definitely more of a Mommy activity than a kid one.

To finish off letter E week, we're going to read The Ear Book and do some free printable activities for it. Fingers crossed that this link works!

Tomorrow we're moving on to the letter B. I'm so excited for B week. Lots of fun things planned! Stay tuned!

Comments