Baketivity Granola Bars Kit Review

You guys know that I love food, anything to do with it. So I, of course, said YES when I was offered a FREE Baketivity kit to sample and review.


These baking kits are geared toward kids, so the instructions feature pictures, there are activities to do along with the baking, and it’s just a great way to give kids confidence in the kitchen. You can sign up for a subscription and receive monthly boxes or shop for individual kits, like the gluten-free granola box that I got. And you can see more of what I got in this video review:




Now, nowhere on the box or recipe card does it say “gluten-free”. Only on the website. And if you look on the back of the recipe card, it looks like there could be potential cross-contamination. So that’s just something to keep in mind.

But if dietary restrictions are not a problem for you, you’ll find lots of great things to bake: cake pops, cinnamon buns, panda pull-apart cupcakes, just to name a few. (Gonna have to try the panda cupcakes some time, obvs.) You do get some of the ingredients vacuum-sealed for freshness inside your kit. Just give those a bang and shake to help loosen what’s inside. You will have to provide some ingredients and tools, such as oil, egg whites, a mixing bowl, etc. Most of these things you’ll have in your kitchen already, although I had to wait a week to make the granola bars because I was out of parchment paper, and during a pandemic quarantine, it’s not easy to make a quick run to the store and pick that up. But once I had my parchment paper, I was ready to bake.



The pictures make it clear what you’re supposed to do at each step. These kits are for kids, but some steps require adult help. While waiting for the granola bars to bake, there’s an activity that introduces kids to deep breathing techniques. Additional cut apart cards take you through other breathing exercises.



I thought the granola bars were really good, and most importantly, SO DID MY 4-YEAR-OLD! So that's a huge win in my book. I would definitely buy this kit to make these again. I think the granola bar kit or any of the Baketivity kits would make great birthday gifts or fun activities to do and eat during a quarantine.


What do you think? Have you ever done a Baketivity kit before? What did you think of it? What have you been baking while stuck at home?

Comments