Brick Ball Scrapbook Page

I'm making more progress in my 2015 vacation album. Just a few more regular pictures to scrap, and then I'm going to do a layout about all the food we ate while on vacation. Still have to get the food pictures scrapped.

Anyhow, here is a layout that I made for a scraplift challenge last week in the Spiegelmom Scraps Facebook page. Triangles played a huge role in the original layout, so I tried to use them as best I could on this layout.


None of my photos were that great for cutting into a triangle, so I tried to make it work with this single photo, creating a triangle top out of cardstock to extend it fully into a triangle.


I added some red and blue sequins from an old Hip Kit Club kit, along with a few old Doodlebug Designs and Crate Paper embellishments. I sprayed the white cardstock with Shimmerz Pop Art Pink. You can kind of see where I made a mistake - trying to spray a triangle stencil. I think I ruined that stencil!


I had also wanted to use a stamp to create a triangle background, but there were so many patterned papers that I figured everything would just get covered up. The misting spray was enough.

The title of this, created with American Crafts Thickers, is about seeing a minor league baseball game in Oklahoma City's Bricktown. If you've never visited before, it's a cool place to walk around, do some shopping, grab a bite, etc. None of those are things my husband and I had time to do, BUT I visited several years ago - way before I met my husband - and really enjoyed it. There is also a nice botanical garden in the area that's a must.

Have you been to OKC? Got any suggestions for must-see attractions? I'll have another layout about the Oklahoma City Memorial, which is SO GREAT. It was my second time visiting back in 2015, and I would definitely go back when my daughter is a little bit older. Stay tuned to the blog for that!

Comments