No Hat Scrapbook Page - The International Scrapbook Garden

It's the end of January, and I have another wintry-themed layout to share with you using the Kisses and Snowflakes kit from The International Scrapbook Garden. This is one of my daughter all bundled up in her pink coat, pink gloves, and fluffy pink hat. The hat she hates to wear, hence the title.



The background paper design is based off of a layout I had seen scrapbooker Lina Monaco do. I just liked the way things were sort of off center, and that is so different for me, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The base paper is 7 Dots Studio Northern Lights Knitted and the front paper is 13@rts Art Journey Dream. I outlined the Dream paper with the May Arts White Metallic Nylon String Ribbon.

The photo is actually backed with the 7 Dots Board Games paper and some scraps from the 13@rts Travel paper, which I inked with the Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Attic Dust so it would stand out more against the whiteness of the Dream paper. Some of the 7 Dots Northern Lights Tags are layered behind the photo.


For the embellishments, I covered some of the Kaisercraft Lucky Dip Wooden Snowflakes in the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Lilac Lavender from the bonus mixed media kit. That was so cool to work with!

And I added the Darice Finishing Accents Silver Snowflake Brads to the Prima Sunrise Sunset Paper Petal Silver Blue flowers from the bonus blooms kit.


Surprisingly, some of the Prima Zella Teal Ephemera pieces fit right in with the purple and silver color scheme of this layout, and then I also added in a few of the 7 Dots Northern Lights Word Stickers that I felt described the picture. And actually, one of the 7 Dots Northern Lights Stickers was the perfect spot for me to do my journaling.

You can also see that I sprinkled a few of the stick-on gems here and there. And I splattered a bit of the Shimmerz Vibez Grape Escape, which also came in the bonus mixed media kit. That color is GORGEOUS!


I was originally going to use some of the Creative Embellishments chipboard for my title, but I had sort of a mixed media fail with that, so I found some minty chipboard alphas in my stash that fit right in and luckily I had enough letters to spell what I needed.

I surrounded the letters with some of the 7 Dots Northern Lights Die Cut Elements and then, because this is all about bundling up to go outside in the snow, some of that awesome Aleene's Glitter Snow. How cool is that???

This was a fun one to work on, and I just love the way it turned out. I guess my daughter did, too, because when she saw it, she immediately asked if she could hold it. Uhm, maybe when you're older you can hold mommy's scrapbook pages. Ha ha.

Thanks for looking!

Comments