Playin' Scrapbook Page - Toy Fair 2017

Look at me! I got this year's Toy Fair pictures scrapped before next year's Toy Fair starts! Woo hoo!


I played around with this two-page layout probably more than I played at Toy Fair. This is way outside of my normal scrapbooking box. But I had a lot of fun, and I'm happy with the finished result.

The patterned papers are Crate Paper and are actually a map of Manhattan, so I figured they would be perfect for these pictures because Toy Fair takes place in New York City.


I broke out some houndstooth-patterned washi tape, too. I also used my Lindy's Magic Shaker in Yodeling Yellow to add some extra color to the black and white paper. It also added a nice shimmer. And then I mixed black acrylic paint with 13@rts Magic Powder to create a paste that I could paint a map marker stencil shape onto the layout in various locations.


I also got the chance to use up some random embellishments from my stash. The yellow taxi was a perfect fit for a layout about New York, and because Toy Fair is all about toys, the little "A Great Toy" embellishment was also a perfect fit.


You can see a better close-up of both the Magic Powder/paint stencil and the Lindy's Magical Shaker in the above picture.

One of these days I am going to film a process video and some tutorials for how to use some of these products on the Cook Scrap Craft YouTube channel. I figure that if these products are new to me, they are probably new to you, too!

Thanks for looking!

Comments