Life is Beautiful Scrapbook Page - November Guest Designer at Stick It Down

I'm really excited to be sharing today's layout with you because it's a special layout created for the November double page challenge over at Stick It Down where I am a Guest Designer this month! I won the September double page challenge and now get to be the November double page Guest Designer. Pretty cool, huh?

Here is the sketch that everybody is playing with for the double page challenge:


I had just the photos for this one: my daughter's 18-month photos. As you can see, I didn't adhere EXACTLY to the sketch, but that is the beauty of sketches. They inspire you and are open to interpretation.


Let me tell you a little about how I let the sketch inspire me. I really liked what looked like strips of paper or ribbon on the background of the sketch. I had ribbon that I wanted to use, but I felt like it would make the layout too bulky if I used it across the entire two pages, so I did a three-ribbon layer at each end of the page and embellished each layer.


I really like these citrus chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments, and they fit well with these pictures because my daughter's dress is a watermelon dress. I sprayed them with Lindy's Flat Fabio Spray in Hibiscus Rose to give them a pink tint.


I also moved the pictures over so that they spanned both sides of the two-page layout. And because I was using the ephemera card as my title, I moved it up on the second page because it fit better in that location.


I also anchored both ends with some fussy cut floral patterned paper. I like the symmetry that it gives.

And to get the wavy look at the bottom of the layout, I just created a designed with Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Pearls.


So that's what I created! What will you create with the sketch? Head on over to the Stick it Down blog for more inspiration and to enter your layout into the challenge!

Also, the photos on this layout were taken by my friend Lauren, so if you're in the New Jersey area and in need of professional photography services, check her out! You can find more information at her website, Poppins Design.

Comments

Post a Comment