Lasting Memories Color Challenge - Guest Designer

I am one of the guest designers at the Lasting Memories challenge blog for the month of December (hooray!), and the December challenges actually start today! There are four challenges, and you can play along with as many as you want. The more challenges you participate in, the more chances you have of winning!

So here is my take on the color challenge that starts this week.

These are the colors we are challenged to use. I just love that minty green color!


And here is my layout that uses some of these colors:


Not sure how well you can tell from these pictures, but these papers I used had the perfect combination of the minty green and the cranberry red. I added in a darker red with the cardstock backing my picture. And I have a bit of the kraft color in my embellishments.


A lot of these elements I've had in my stash for so long. I didn't even know I still had papers in this holiday paper pad until I opened up my Christmas scrapbook drawer and pulled it out!


The theme at the Lasting Memories blog this month is holiday traditions, so this is an old picture of me and my friend at Pere Marquette Lodge in Illinois. Growing up, my family used to go there the weekend before Christmas every year, and I would always get to bring a friend with me. It was such a fun tradition, so I journaled about how I hope to have a tradition like it with my daughter some day.


I just love those minty green American Crafts Thickers. (Have I mentioned how much I love minty green?) This layout used up the last of those letters. I'll miss you minty green Thickers!

There will be another challenge up next week so stay tuned for more inspiration here and for details on how to play along at the Lasting Memories blog!

Comments

  1. Fabulous layout and you rocked the colour challenge. Thanks for guest designing this month at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges and playing along with my December challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment