Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Authors I Own the Most Books From

I own a lot of books, but I never really thought about how many books I owned from specific authors. This week's Top Ten Tuesday challenged me to take a good hard look at my book collection, and here is what I got:

1. Shakespeare (38) - I still have my Complete Works of Shakespeare textbook from freshman year of college.

2. Bret Easton Ellis (6) - I went through a HUGE Bret Easton Ellis phase in college.

3. J.R.R. Tolkien (4) - All three Lord of the Rings books plus The Hobbit.

4. Jennifer Weiner (4) - And one of the books is an autographed copy!!

5. Rick Riordan (3) - I was really getting into the Percy Jackson & the Olympians books, but I guess I didn't buy the last two. I can't find them on our bookshelves.

6. Helen Hollick (3) - I really loved her King Arthur trilogy.

7. Nick Hornby (3) - I just want everyone to know that I read High Fidelity BEFORE it became a movie.

8. Chuck Palahniuk (2) - I thought I owned Survivor, but I could only find Fight Club and Lullaby. Why the heck did I buy Lullaby?

9. Douglas Coupland (2) - Both books were purchased in England. I read a lot of books in England.

10. James Joyce (2) - And these (Dubliners and The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man) are the only two books worth reading and that anybody CAN read. Darn, Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake.

Comments