Sun on the Island

I recently made two layouts using the American Crafts Neapolitan collection from a few years ago. The papers in this collection are so pretty, it's a wonder that I still have any left! But luckily I did because they were perfect for these pictures of a bright and sunny afternoon on Mackinac Island.

The first layout, Sunny Day, features pictures of the beach and kites flying high in the air. It was so peaceful along the water there, even with all the other tourists biking and walking by.


 
 
And the second layout, Light, are pictures from the Mackinac Island Grand Hotel garden. After my mom and I had lunch at the hotel, we stepped outside and the previously dreary day had turned warm and sunny! I just loved the little embellishment from this paper collection with the words "The sun stretched out and touched our cheeks" because that's EXACTLY what happened that afternoon.
 

 
 
I also really liked that I was able to use the ruffled crepe paper from the Neapolitan collection. It adds such nice texture to the page.
 
Thanks for looking!
 

Comments